Terms & Conditions
- WHO WE ARE
Tanz-Africa Adventures is a company name operated by Tanz-Africa Adventures Limited, a company limited by shares registered and incorporated in the United Republic of Tanzania.
- Certificate of Incorporation: No. 140063169
- Tax Identification Number: 140-082-562
- Registered address: P.O. Box 363, Mateves Arusha, The United Republic of Tanzania
- WHEN THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY
The following terms as used in these Terms & Conditions shall be considered synonymous… safari, tour, itinerary and trip, all of which refer to the travel arrangements being booked with Tanz-Africa Adventures. Additionally, the following terms: client, guest, participant, member, passenger and traveler all refer to you, as the traveler.
- These Terms and Conditions shall govern the relationship between Client and Tanz-Africa Adventures Limited (Travel Agent: Tanz-Africa Adventures Marketing Directors; further- “the Company”) and apply in the following situations:
- When you book a trip directly with us;
- When you book a trip through our partners acting as our Marketing representatives
- When booking a trip with us directly or through one of our partners, which include various travel agencies and marketplaces, both sides automatically agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- Please note that these Terms and Conditions stipulate the rights and responsibilities that you have while booking and taking part in our tours in Tanzania.
- OUR WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS
- We warrant and represent that:
- We have all the necessary licenses and permits to organize and Operate tourism activities (Wildlife Safaris, Mountain Trekking, beach vacancy and cultural activities.) in the United Republic of Tanzania;
- We possess relevant expertise and experience and have taken care of the travel arrangements for over 100 visitors of Tanzania so far;
- All our wildlife safari driver-guides, Kilimanjaro guides, and consultants have professional training in their respective fields;
- All information that we use in marketing and advertising is true and correct. We do not exaggerate or misrepresent anything in the description of our products;
- We are a tour operator, not a travel agency. No part of our adventures is handled by third parties with the exception of accommodation in certain hotels, which do not belong to our company, and domestic and international air travel services;
- We also warrant and represent that your trip with Tanz-Africa Adventures will positively impact the developing communities of Tanzania;
- We warrant and represent that:
- Tanz-Africa Adventures is committed to responsible tourism. Our company is dedicated to the sustainability of the natural environment and wellbeing of the people in East Africa and Africa at large. In our effort to operate an Eco-friendly business,
We have been able to be partnered with several in need volunteer programs such as local schools, Families, Orphanage and dis-abled centers prior to that we have been a member of local community programs and conservation organizations in Tanzania to help promote conservation, environmental awareness, and community involvement in a way that is fun and educational.
- TREATMENT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We shall require certain personal information to take care of your Safari arrangements. Such information includes your full name, age, nationality, passport information, diet, and medical particulars.
- Parts of this information will be made available to the administration of the Tanzania wildlife areas for the processing of entry permits and to the accommodation providers to make your stay comfortable.
- COMMUNICATIONS AND CORRESPONDENCE
- To avoid travel scams, ensure that all and any communications with us are carried out through the following channels:
- Email: all emails in @tanzafricaadventures.com domain zone
- Phone and WhatsApp: all phone numbers published on Tanz-Africa Adventures website
- Other means of communication: online-chat on our website
- As a result of our proactive policies in regards to safeguarding all of our communications, we have not had any cases of our company being impersonated or misrepresented by malevolent third parties for their own gain. However, caution is always advised.
If you believe that someone you are in touch with is not a legitimate representative of Tanz-Africa Adventures, please contact our founder Ally at email@example.com
- TOUR PRICES QUOTED
- Accommodations as indicated in each itinerary, based on either single rooms, twin-bed rooms or double bed rooms, triple room (or tents where applicable).
- Meals as indicated in each itinerary, and domestic bottled water with group meals.
- Arrival and departure transfers and all other land transport.
- For safaris: Services of English speaking driver guide (or other specified international language speaking guide), and a skilled cook for camping safari.
- For Kilimanjaro and other mountains: Services of professional and licensed English speaking guides (or other specified international language speaking guides), skilled cook, and enough number of porters for carrying your luggage, food, and water.
- Entrance fees to National Parks, game reserves and museums, and ALL other applicable fees and taxes.
A Safari vehicle,
We operate our own vehicles for safaris and some special vehicles for Photography outfit which are 4 wheel drive TOYOTA Land Cruisers, all of them have got 7comfotable passenger seats with charging system and Fridge.
A Safari vehicle, equipped with luxurious game viewing and touring, with a guarantee window seat!
- NOT INCLUDED IN QUOTED TOUR PRICES:
Costs of passports or visas; excess baggage charges; travel insurance; airfares and airport departure taxes (unless explicitly stated); sightseeing, game drives or meals not listed in the itinerary; personal expenses such as beverages, (other than bottled water as noted in Tour Inclusions), laundry, communication charges, and gratuities.
- BOOKING AND PAYMENT PROCESS
- The booking process begins with your email or phone call to our offices.
A personal travel consultant, whose responsibilities encompass all communications with you as well as planning and arranging all of the details of your tour, will be designated. Once all of the details have been agreed upon, an invoice will be issued enabling you to make a deposit confirming your booking.
- A deposit of 35% is required at the time of booking. The balance is due 45 days before commencement of the tour program. If the reservation is made within 45 days of departure the whole amount must be paid at the time of confirmation.
- Your adventure will be deemed confirmed once a deposit payment reaches our account, of which our designated travel consultant will inform you immediately. Depending on the type of your tour, the deadline for the deposit payment will be set by our consultant.
- Full payment for your tour must be made 14 days before the scheduled commencement date, unless otherwise agreed with our consultant in writing. In any case, all of our travel packages should be fully prepaid.
- Timely payments are essential, as these funds will be used to cover hotel reservations and other tour-related expenses, which – in turn – tend to be fully prepaid in Tanzania. Failure to make timely payments without prior notification of – or arrangements with – our Company may result in our cancelling your booking. Any deposit made may be forfeited according to our cancellation policies.
- We also accept Credit Cards (MC/VISA) for the required deposit payment only.
- Please note that all transaction-related charges applicable to your payments must be covered by you. All banking commissions for both sender and receiver must be covered by you when using wire transfers. A 3.5% surcharge shall be applicable to all credit card payments.
- If the deposit and final payments made to our accounts are for any reason incomplete, we shall charge you for the missing amount upon your arrival in Tanzania.
Third-party bookings (tour leaders, travel agencies and other travel professionals)
The person making a booking with Tanz-Africa Adventures, warrants that he or she has authority to enter into a contract on behalf of all other persons included in such a booking.
If you are a tour leader/travel agent/etc., making a booking on behalf of others, you will be deemed the contact person for every tour participant. In such a case, you will be responsible for:
- Informing the other tour participants of these Terms and Conditions. If you consent to them, we will assume that you have secured express consent of all tour participants to these Terms and Conditions and to the inclusions and exclusions of the tour package;
- Completing the payments timely and accurately;
- Passing all relevant information to the tour participants in a comprehensive and timely manner. If there are any agreed changes with regard to the dates or itinerary, you will be responsible for informing the tour participants and securing their consent;
- Providing correct and accurate information about the tour participants in a comprehensive and timely manner. It is your responsibility to collect such information and ensure its correctness and accuracy. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any errors and omissions in such information;
If you can not accept responsibility for the above-said, then every member of the group should communicate and book with us individually.
Once we confirm your booking, the price will not be changed, except for the unlikely case of the government of Tanzania increasing park fees, taxes or other tourism-related payments.
In such a case, a copy of the relevant public notice shall be made available to you immediately. Three options shall be available to you in case of price increase:
- To agree to the change of price and pay the difference to us;
- To look on possibility of fixing your trip itinerary that suited to your needs in terms of budget/price, goals and interests for your dream holiday.
- To cancel your tour and receive a refund in accordance with our cancellation policies;
- CHANGES TO THE ITINERARY
- Changes by the Client
- Any changes you make to your itinerary will be made free of charge if they do not result in extra costs for us. Any such costs must be covered by the Client;
- If you decide to discontinue your tour after it stated / in progress , either voluntarily or involuntarily, you will be liable to cover any extra costs caused by your decision to leave the trip. Such costs may include but are not limited to covering transportation and accommodation expenses;
- If you miss any tour service, sightseeing or meal, or fail to use any other service acting on your own account, no refund will be provided;
- Changes by the Company
- While we do our best to ensure that your tour goes as planned, situations may arise (e.g. parts of the planned route becoming inaccessible due to poor weather conditions) requiring us to change your itinerary. Though rare, such cases are not to be ruled out and we shall endeavor to inform you of them promptly;
- Changes because of third parties
- The Company shall not be liable for any delay, disruption, damage or loss outside of our reasonable control. These may include – but are not limited to – third-party actions, flight delays and any events of a force majeure nature;
- You or your insurance company will be liable to cover any expenses, such as extra accommodation and transportation expenses, caused by such change or disruption;
- CHANGES TO TRAVEL DATES
- If, after making the payments, you decide to change your travel dates, you must inform us of these changes no later than 60 days before the original starting date of your tour. Please bear in mind that any new proposed dates must fall within one year of your original travel dates.
- Also note that Tanzanian domestic carriers do not reschedule flights. Hotels and Lodges often apply penalties to booking date changes and may set higher prices on accommodation according to season and availability. In such cases, you will be required to cover the extra costs.
Persons not fit for long trips due to heart disease, chronic illness, physical handicap, advanced pregnancy or mental illness should not participate in these rigorous travel programs.
- SPECIFIC ACCOMMODATIONS:
Accommodations and arranged sightseeing are subject to change at any time due to unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond Tanz-Africa Adventures control. Every effort will be made to operate tours as planned, but alterations may occur after the final itinerary has been issued.
- SPECIAL REQUESTS:
Specific requests such as connecting or adjacent rooms, smoking or non-smoking rooms and special dietary needs should be advised at time of booking. Please be advised that every effort will be made to secure your special request; however, they can not be guaranteed.
Tanz-Africa Adventures may take photographs or film of its trips and trip participants, and participant grants Tanz-Africa Adventures express permission to do so and for Tanz-Africa Adventures to use such for promotional or commercial use.
- Cancellation by the Client:
If you decide to cancel your travel arrangements with us, the following cancellation fees shall apply:
- Safari Cancelation 90 days or more before safari date, 90% of the Safari cost shall be refunded.
- Safari Cancelation 60 days before safari date, 70% of the Safari cost shall be refunded.
- Safari Cancelation 30 days before safari date, 50% of the Safari cost shall be refunded.
- Safari Cancelation 15 days before safari date, 25% of the Safari cost shall be refunded.
- Safari Cancelation within 7 days before safari date, no refund shall be made
In all cases of cancellations you will also need to cover our non-refundable and/or partially refundable expenses, such as hotel reservations or domestic air tickets. Before issuing a refund, we will deduct those expenses and the costs of fund transfer (banking commissions and credit card surcharges) from the payments that you made to us.
No refunds will be made for all cancellations made in 7 or less days prior to the scheduled travel dates.
- Cancellation by us:
In the unlikely event of us canceling your tour for any reason, a 100% refund of any payments already made by you to us shall follow;
- YOUR LUGGAGE AND VALUABLES
Luggage and personal effects are at owners risk throughout the tour. Luggage weight restrictions on some Internal flights may apply; details will be provided on your itinerary.
We shall not be responsible for any luggage lost, destroyed or delayed by the airliner or any transportation provider other than our company.
If you purchased a Kilimanjaro climbing tour with us and your luggage is lost or delayed and you had your climbing gear there, we shall provide you with everything from our hiring shop free of charge. Please be mindful that we shall provide free of charge only those item that you had in your luggage. Those that you did not have would be provided at a regular cost.
In addition, neither are we responsible for being in touch with the airliner checking the status of your lost/delayed luggage, nor are we responsible for transporting it to the hotel after it arrives. If your luggage arrives later than you, you will need to pay a luggage delivery fee of transporting the luggage from Kilimanjaro International Airport to the hotel.
You are responsible for keeping your valuables, such as money, gadgets, jewelry, and other personal possessions or luggage while taking part in our tours. We shall not be responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property.
You may ask our managers to accept your valuables, personal possessions or luggage for safekeeping. In such a case, we will lock them in our company safe, which is under constant video surveillance and alarm. We will assume full responsibility for your property entrusted into our care.
- MONEY FOR REGULAR TRAVEL EXPENSES
You acknowledge that you should have a reasonable amount of money with you to cover incidental and regular travel expenses (souvenirs, tips, meals if not included, alcohol drinks, etc.). We shall not be responsible for your failure to cover any expenses of that nature for whatever reason.
- OUR LIABILITY FOR ACCOMMODATION PROVIDERS AND AIR CARRIERS
Some parts of your tour will be subcontracted to the accommodation providers and local air carriers.
Though we are highly selective in choosing our partners, we can not control their performance, which makes us unable to assume responsibility for your experience with them. In addition, you should remember that while you will be staying in the hotels and lodges, it is their terms and conditions that apply. Conditions of Carriage and applicable aviation conventions will govern your relationship with the airlines.
Because of that we will not be assuming responsibility for any claims arising out of the performance of any parties other than our company and our employees.
- TRAVEL DOCUMENTS, VISA, AND ENTRY TO TANZANIA
You should make sure that all your travel documents are in place.
Thus, among other things, the validity of your passport for international travel should not expire in six months after the moment of entering the territory of Tanzania. There will be at least two blank pages for the visa and stamps. You should also get a visa for entering Tanzania. Online application through the website of Tanzania Immigration Department is the most convenient and fastest way to do that.
Though we will share some visa-related tips please do not consider our recommendations to be the ultimate and comprehensive advice. The information about visas and other entry requirements for visiting Tanzania published on our website is for general knowledge only, and though we try to keep it accurate and up-to-date, we recommend contacting the Embassy of the United Republic of Tanzania for getting the latest updates. No information published on our website about visas, vaccinations or other entry requirements should be viewed as a warranty or representation.
You are also responsible for bearing all visa and other entry-related costs.
We shall not be liable if, in a highly unlikely event, you are denied entry to Tanzania or any other country on the way to Tanzania for whatever reason. You also agree that if you fail to enter the country for whatever reason, no refunds will be made and you it will not be possible to reschedule your tour, because we will have all the park fees prepaid and other expenses incurred by the time of your arrival. .
- FITNESS AND MEDICAL INFORMATION
It is your own responsibility to determine whether you are physically fit for a Kilimanjaro climb or a wildlife adventure and assess your health conditions. Upon your request, our consultants may advise you on this matter. At the same time, we recommend seeking a qualified medical opinion if you are not sure.
We may also ask you to provide certain medical information and to complete our medical form. If you have any pre-existing medical condition that may have an impact on your ability to visit mountainous or remote regions of Tanzania, putting yourself and/or other tour participants in danger, we may ask you to have the form signed by a licensed medical practitioner.
Failure to provide the medical form and having it signed by a licensed medical practitioner may result in the cancellation of your tour with applicable cancellation fees, as shown in the cancellation clause of these Terms and Conditions.
We may decline your request to take part in our tours if, in our sole opinion, your medical condition renders you unfit for participation, i.e. you have certain physical or mental disorders or illnesses that put you and/or other participants in danger.
All medical information provided to us will be treated in accordance with the “Treatment of your personal information” clause of these Terms and Conditions.
We may cancel your participation in our tours without any refunds in the following situations:
- If we discover that the medical information provided to us is false, inaccurate or incomplete;
- If, while taking part in our tour, your medical condition deteriorates to the extent that it puts yourself and/or other tour participants in danger;
You will need to cover any costs relating to the cancellation.
If you have any special medical or dietary requirements, it is your responsibility to inform us in 30 days before your scheduled arrival in Tanzania. On our side, we shall spare no effort in trying to make sure that your special requirements are taken care of. Thus, for those following a special diet, we provide Vegetarian, Vegan, Gluten-free and Halal meal plans. Yet, you agree that we shall not be liable for any failure to attend to any other special needs. No refunds will be issued in such a case.
You also agree that you have been sufficiently informed that some facilities and services, to which you may be accustomed in your country, may be currently unavailable or inaccessible in Tanzania.
- TRAVEL INSURANCE
The client shall be responsible for arranging and effecting adequate insurance cover to ensure that he carries comprehensive travel and medical insurance cover in order to cover himself, his dependants and / or travelling companions for the duration of the booking for which he has reserved.
Having travel insurance is mandatory for participation in our trips. We may disqualify you from taking part in our adventure without any refunds if you do not have a proper insurance package.
Remember that insurance is not generally included in our travel packages (except premium Kilimanjaro climbing packages). This service is available as an extra add-on.
Such insurance should cover emergency medical expenses for any personal injury, evacuation and repatriation, cancellation and curtailment and other reasonable expenses.
If you are climbing Mt Kilimanjaro, your insurance package should cover high-altitude trekking (up to 6,000 m/ 19858 f) and helicopter evacuation.
You should also make sure that your insurance package provides sufficient coverage against all other relevant risks. It is also your responsibility to keep your insurance provider sufficiently informed of your travel plans and the nature of hazards and risks involved.
If any insurance case happens, it will be your responsibility to inform your insurance provider and to comply with all procedures relating to indemnification/reimbursement. We shall provide reasonable assistance, but shall not be responsible for any positive outcome of the insurance claim whatsoever.
Remember that we provide general, non-medical advice about vaccinations and immunizations, which are required or recommended for your visit to the United Republic of Tanzania.
You should seek professional advice from a practicing, licensed physician to determine whether any specific medical measures are necessary for your visit to Tanzania.
- FORCE MAJEURE
We shall not be liable for anything that may happen because of force majeure, which includes, but is not limited to natural cataclysms, war or military operations, breakdowns of the mechanical facilities, fire, vehicles or electrical appliances, civil disturbances, labor strikes, actions of the government authorities, political unrest, insurrections and mutinies, extreme weather conditions and other calamities and situations beyond our reasonable control and which we could not foresee.
- RISKS: YOU ACCEPT ALL RISKS OF ADVENTURE TRAVEL TO TANZANIA
There are certain inherent risks in adventure travel of the type involved here. You understand that your adventures with us may involve visiting remote areas (National Parks, rural regions, etc.), where the standards of medical assistance may be different from those available in your home country or may be unavailable at all.
These include, but are not limited to, risks of white water rafting, kayaking and rafting (for example dangers of rapidly moving water, rocks and other submerged objects, hypothermia, etc), horseback riding, (for example, unpredictable behavior by the horses, being spooked, etc) hiking, climbing mountains (for example, rock slides, falling stones, etc), walking safaris, downhill or cross country skiing, (for example, equipment failures, ice or other trail obstructions) and in all trips dangers of animals, inaccessibility to medical attention and difficulty in evacuation from remote locations in the case of a medical emergency. Traveler assumes all such risks with regard to these possibilities.
You release us from all claims and causes of action, which may arise from any losses, damages, injuries or death which may be the result of the risks inherent to your travels in Tanzania.
ANY PAYMENT TANZ-AFRICA ADVENTURES CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET OUT HEREIN.
- THE LAWS OF TANZANIA SHALL APPLY
The laws of the United Republic of Tanzania shall apply in case of any disputes.